It’s totally up to you to decide what kind of treatment you want for the ailments you have, and the fact that you are on this website already signifies your interest in hiring a chiropractor to treat you. If you’ve been looking for a proficient Fairfax chiropractor, search no more because we are here to serve you and do our utmost to make sure you cherish every single step you took towards contacting and hiring us.
Call us for more information about our services. Before you do that though, you may want to read the text below to learn more about chiropractors and what they do.
Conditions Chiropractors are Capable of Treating
1. Neck pain: It happens all the time, and in some cases it can be severe. Individuals can experience neck pain while working with their computers, after sleeping awkwardly, after working restlessly for a long time, etc. Treatment from chiropractors have been known to produce remarkable results when applied to conditions like this.
2. Flat feet: Flat feet is a condition that can bring a lot of adverse consequences such as: knee, lower back, and ankle pain. The worst part is that it is difficult to determine if you have flat feet before the symptoms start to show, unless a chiropractor examines you. So chiropractors not only treat this condition, they also prevent it from advancing.
3. Lower back pain: This condition is a reason for discomfort mostly in adults, and it cannot be argued that chiropractors can treat lower back pain in a way that produces comparatively faster results. It costs less too, so do you want to suppress that pain now or keep on suffering?
4. Bone spurs: This refers to unusual growths that occur at the end of bones and cause a lot of pain, restrict the movement of other joints, and collectively form long joints themselves. It is a condition mostly associated with arthritics. Whether you are an arthritic or not, get some advice from a chiropractor – and if you are already suffering from bone spurs, we are always here to help you regain your good health.
5. Whiplash injuries: The cause of whiplash injuries is auto accidents and the symptoms usually stay concealed, appearing only after weeks or months. The first signs are stiffness, fatigue, neck pain, dizziness, jaw pain, arm pain, etc. It can also advance to the chronic stage, in which case it would cause depression, anger, anxiety, etc. It’s advisable to consult a chiropractor whenever an accident happens to you, particularly if your car was hit from behind.
6. Other conditions: Sciatica, injuries that surface from involvement in various sports, scoliosis, tennis elbow, ankle and knee pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, frozen shoulder, slipped disc, backache, etc. Chiropractors cannot only deal with problems such as the ones above, they can also deal with problems that involve disorders in internal organs.
Also, if you have a condition that is resistant to other treatment methods, you are welcome to contact us about it. When you do, we will let you know if chiropractic is a more viable solution to your ailment.
Treatment Techniques Employed by Chiropractors
Spinal manipulation is one of the most obvious treatment techniques and it involves the movement of a three-joint complex expertly to a point that exceeds the limit of normal movement, but not far enough to induce any damage to the joint. Treatment techniques from different schools are usually combined together by chiropractors, and some of these techniques are mentioned below.
Techniques for Spine, Joints, and General Treatment
- full manipulation of the spine
- therapeutic and corrective exercises
- postural and ergonomic advice
- physical fitness encouragement
- advice about behavior and daily activities
- suggestion of appropriate foods to eat and methods to reduce stress
- extremity adjusting
- utilization of methods to prevent disease, etc.
- improving the precision of spinal adjustments with a spring-loaded tool
- diversified method that encompasses other techniques
- Gonstead and Thompson adjustment techniques
- flexion/cox distraction which involves the usage of a special table
- using an adjustive tool
- manipulation with the aid of an anesthetic
- Sacro-Occipital – a technique that deals with the spine like a torsion bar, etc.
Determining how to go about solving your health problems when there are many options available can prove to be difficult, and it can be devastatingly unbearable particularly when you want a solution fast. Chiropractic is one of the viable options you can opt for, and if that’s the path you have chosen, our helpful staff is ready to answer your questions, clear your doubts, and guide you all the way.